Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Story telling through yoga


I often use books in yoga classes, using the story to relate to that days theme and the theme to the poses. Not all books work well in a yoga class; for instance, you wouldn't want to use a Harry Potter book or anything similar. I've always had the most success with simple plots. Books with a lot of information and a busy plot limit a child's ability to use their imagination & engage in the story. I am always on the look out for books to use in my classes, & I found this gem a few months ago off Pinterest. I wanted to share this delightful story that I had the opportunity to review by Giselle Shardlow, Luke's Beach Day. Giselle is the author of 4 yoga inspired story books, all of which are well written and perfect for basing classes and themes around. Here is the link to Giselle's website: http://www.kidsyogastories.com

All of Giselle's books may be purchased from her website as well as Amazon.Com.


Next week I am teaching at a  day camp to a very large group of children. Working with big groups present a challenge, but also opens up many different possibilities. I can't wait to tell you how it goes. 


Nameste


Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment